Wednesday, February 5, 2014

7 Things I Love About Canada

1. Wildlife.  Since childhood I have been hugely fascinated with animals. I have always enjoyed going to animal parks, d when I came to Canada I got to see species that I had never seen in zoos and had only known in pictures.





2. Environment. Canada is a vast land endowed with breathtaking sceneries. It has several National Parks that are famous worldwide. Moreover, pollution is not rampant compared to other countries.
 



3. Internet Connection. The Internet is a very important medium to immigrants in keeping in touch with their families they left in their home countries. With the help of social networks, the Internet keeps families or friends updated on what's happening to their loved ones. Canada ranks 18th on the list of countries with the world's fastest broadband speed.
 


4. Friendly People.  Most, if not all, Canadians are friendly. In a small town like Kipling, Saskatchewan, people never forget to greet anyone they meet anywhere every day. Even while driving, they always wave to anyone they pass on the road.

5. Traffic. People are disciplined and obey traffic rules. This is one reason why immigrants usually fail the road test when they get their license here, even if they've been driving for a long time in their country of origin.

6. Health Care. In Canada, you don't have to worry about getting sick. Everyone has a health card and employers usually provide health insurance to workers.

7.Four Seasons. Although I never really liked the long winters of Canada, I still prefer four seasons to the wet and dry seasons of the Philippines. I love the arrival of spring after the hibernation in winter, the exciting road trips during summer, and the wonderful colours of fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment